Office of the Director of U.S. Foreign Assistance
February 5, 2007
Overview of the New Summary and Highlights Format International Affairs Function 150 FY2008 Budget Request
New Overview Section. Identifies principles, summaries regional priorities and analyzes macro level budget information for State and USAID bilateral assistance.
Compares FY2008 budget with FY2006 enacted levels. As the FY2007 continuing resolution was not passed at time of print, all budget comparisons related to FY2006 enacted levels.
New structure for easier referencing:
- Begins with State and USAID bilateral assistance
- All foreign assistance accounts under State and USAID jurisdiction clustered in first section, listed alphabetically.
- Follows with Independent Agencies, listed alphabetically
- Follows with multi-lateral assistance
- Follows with section on State Operations and Related Programs
- Final section includes account tables
More account comparative information:
- Introductory statement identifies the purpose of funds
- "Snapshot" of fund allocation outlines top funding priorities
- Statement of changes compares FY2008 to FY2006 by account
- Summary tables listing FY2007 request and FY2008 Global War on Terror Emergency on page 4.
- Narratives at end of sections I (pp. 47 and 53) and IV (pp. 79 and 80)