Overseas Building Operations: Operations and Maintenance
On a day-to-day basis for posts around the world, this office provides a wide array of services and products, while serving as their main OBO communications point. OM activities for posts abroad include the extensive activities of five divisions:
- Facilities Management Division (OBO/OM/FAC) provides American Facility Managers, technical assistance, and support for managing and maintaining diplomatic facilities abroad-including maintenance and condition inspections, preventative maintenance program development, and engineering and hands-on technical support. Major programs with some contractor support include roof and various building systems repair/replacement activities, electrical generating and conditioning equipment, elevators, and hazardous materials abatement.
- Fire Protection Division (OBO/OM/FIR) manages a fire protection program to reduce the loss of life and property by promulgating fire/life safety standards and policies, investigating fires, and supplying fire protection systems and equipment and monitoring their integrity.
- Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Division (OBO/OM/SHEM) plans, coordinates, and administers the Departmentís overseas safety, health, and environmental management (SHEM) program-to include policy development, program audits, training, environmental health and safety hazard identification, and investigation of major accidents, injuries, and environmental incidents.
- Art in Embassies Program (OBO/OM/ART) plans and implements international cultural communications through the display of original American art in U.S. ambassadorial residences-coordinating the selection, packing, shipping of art work; arranging for insurance, and monitoring worldwide exhibitions.
- Area Management Division (OBO/OM/AM) serves as the primary contact with overseas posts for customer service support, relaying OBOís message to the field and postsí facilities concerns to OBO, and is responsible for financial management of leases and maintenance/repair projects at U.S. Government-owned and long-term leased properties.
Search For Business Opportunities
For additional information, contact:
Richard Smyth, Managing Director
Phone: (703) 875-6350