"It's Your Move"
IT'S YOUR MOVE, a publication of the Department of State's Division of Travel and Transportation (May 2008), is provided to assist you in making your move as problem-free as possible. It is organized as follows:
- WebMove Introduction
- Where is my Shipment?
- Initial Travel and Transportation
- Outbound provides an overview of transportation (shipping and storage of your goods) and travel rules. It covers your entitlements and responsibilities when leaving for post, either from the U.S. or on post-to-post transfer.
- Inbound covers the other side of the coin, making specific suggestions about what to do on arrival at your next post, with specific information on transfers to the United States.
- Anywhere You Wander deals with issues common to both outbound and inbound shipments. This section gives more information about insurance, claims, inventories, cost-construction, and other issues.
- Problems, Info, Do's & Don'ts provides information dealing with 1) problems and contact phone numbers, 2) shipping via personal pouch and APO, 3) contract entitlements, 4) controlled storage companies, 5) insurance companies, 6) air freight (UAB) do's and don'ts, 7) firearms and 8) hazardous items.
- Controlled Storage
Information provided by the Family Liaison Office
Contact the Family Liaison Office