Application Cycle Timeline:
For applicants who will conduct their work from the period between September 2008 and December 2008:
For applicants who will conduct their work in Spring/Summer 2009, a late wintertime call for applications will take place and deadline will be set.
- June 26 -- U.S. National Commission for UNESCO opens call for applications
- August 5, 5 p.m. EST -- Deadline for proposals to be received by U.S. National Commission for UNESCO
- Week of August 19 -- Subcommittee meeting to produce initial top candidates and conduct phone interviews, as needed
- Week of August 25 -- Closed Federal Advisory Committee Act call to determine recommendations of final top candidate and alternates.
- By August 31 -- Announcement of recipient(s) by Executive Director of U.S. National Commission for UNESCO
- Early 2009 – Recipient(s) provides summary report of experiences