CONFINTEA National Report on Adult Learning
The Executive Secretariat of the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO is coordinating the United States response to UNESCO's call for information on adult learning. The United States submission will be used by UNESCO in preparation for the 6th International Conference on Adult Education (CONFINTEA VI). All submissions to the questions below are on a voluntary bases and may be used as part of the U.S. national report on adult learning. For more information on CONFINTEA, visit the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning website (http://www.unesco.org/uil/en/focus/confintea.htm).
If you are involved with adult learning, please consider submitting information on your program/organization that addresses one or all of the following points:
- Specify how your organization/program defines adult education/adult learning;
- Specify if your organization/program manages and coordinates adult learning activities at the national level;
- Specify areas of learning that your organization/program addresses;
- Specify if your organization/program aligns its strategies with:
- Policies in other sectors (health, economic, labor, rural development, etc.);
- Other goals such as gender equality, active citizenship, cultural diversity and poverty reduction;
- The creation of knowledge economies and/or building of learning societies;
- Specify the primary target group of your organization/program;
- Specify what measures your organization/program has undertaken to mobilize learners and increase public participation;
- Please provide any relevant details about the costs and funding of your organization/program, include level of support from private/corporate sector;
- Please provide details about any relevant certifications/national awards established by your organization/program;
- Specify any surveys/studies conducted by your organization on learner motivation and/or non-participation and groups that are difficult to reach;
- Please specify any quality provision methods used in your organization's adult learning programs;
- Please outline any innovations and examples of good practice in adult learning that you have identified in the last 10 years;
- Describe any outcomes you expect from CONFINTEA VI or other relevant comments on adult learning.
Please email your submission to the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO at DCUNESCO@state.gov. Please submit your information by April 17, 2008. Please include your name, title, and organization and the name of your adult learning and education program.